Sr. No. 103, Prashaskiya Bhawan, Shahu College Campus, Parvati, Pune- 411009.
Akhil Bharatiya Maratha Shikshan Parishad (A.B.M.S Parishad), an educational trust was founded by a team of renowned educationists and social reformers. It was established in 1907 with the objective of serving the downtrodden masses. In the first half of the 20th century A.B.M.S. Parishad made a commendable contribution of awakening and inspiring the masses who were deprived of education for generations. Owing to its inspiration, large number of educational institution were established throughout Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra. A.B.M.S Parishad draws its inspiration from Mahatma Phule, Rajashri Shahu Maharaj, the Ruler of Kolhapur and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar who fought for economic, social and political justice and advocated empowerment of economically and socially disadvantaged section of the society.
A tree, more specifically, a banyan tree would be a meaningful metaphor and a significant symbol for the Akhil Bharatiya Maratha Shikshan Parishad. In second half of 19th Century, most of the population was sunk in poverty and ignorance. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, a great social revolutionary established the Satyashodhak Samaj in 1873. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule realized that poverty and ignorance of the masses can be eradicated only by educating them. He emphasized the need for education and made a common man aware of the importance of education in life. His contribution in building of a strong and healthy society cannot be overlooked. Some of the local leaders from Dharwad, collected contributions from the masses and created a fund known as Vidya Prasarak Fund . In 1907, a conference was organized at Dharwad in Karnataka State. Due to the inspiration and enlightening thought of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Akhil Bharatiya Maratha Shikshan Parishad, was established in 1907 in Pune.
From 1907 to 1974 nearly 35 Annual Conferences of Akhil Bharatiya Maratha Shikshan Parishad were held at different places throughout the country. During the initial stage, along with the common people, Princely states also extended their support. Under the dynamic and charismatic leadership of Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj, the Princely State of Baroda, Gwalior, Dhar, Devas, Indore and Sondur also extended their constructive support. The conference organized by Akhil Bharatiya Maratha Shikshan Parishad created a social awareness and emphasized the need for affording priority to education. The mission of the Parishad is to provide education to those classes of the society, which are deprived of education for generations. The Parishad become a powerhouse of inspiration giving impetus for establishment of a number of educational institutions in various states particularly, in Maharashtra. It can unquestionably be called the ‘Mother Institution’, which has given birth to many educational institutions and trusts. A.B.M.S. Parishad draws its inspiration from Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj, the Ruler of Kolhapur and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar who fought for economic, social and political justice and advocated empowerment of economically and socially backward sections of the society.
1. Shri Shahu Mandir (Junior & Senior) Mahavidyalaya, Pune-9 started in June 1960
2. Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray High School, Pune-9 started in 1963
3. Deshbhakta Jedhe More Hostel started in 1967
4. Yashvantrao Chavan Law College, Pune-9 started in 1978
5. Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Hostel, Bandra, Mumbai started in 1981
6. Namdeorao Suryavanshi Pvt. Industrial Training Institute, Pune-9 started in 1999
7. Sau Laxmibai Baburao Salunkhe Primary & Pre Primary School, Pune-9 started in 2005
8. Sau Shardabai Pawar Ladies Hostel, Pune-9 started in 2008
9. Anantrao Pawar College Of Engineering & Research, Pune-9 started in 2012
10. Anantrao Pawar College Of Architecture, Pune-9 started in 2014
11. Rajarshi Shahu Academy, Pune-9 started in 2017
A.B.M.S. Parishad has organized various following functions:-
1. In the year 1967 Celebrated Diamond Jubilee Ceremony of A.B.M.S. Parishad.
2. In 1974 Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Birth Centenary 3. In 1977 Opening Ceremony of the Majestic Statue of Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj on the college campus
4. In 1987 Celebrated Platinum Jubilee Ceremony. On this occasion opening of Sports Ground, Deshbhakta Keshavrao Jedhe & Shankarrao More Statues were unveiled.
5. In 2001 Unveiling Ceremony of Statue of Yashvantrao Chavan and Appasaheb Jedhe etc. and laying of foundation stones of Y.C. Law College building by Madhukar Kokate, Collector of Pune District.
6. In 2005 Opening Ceremony of Yashwantrao Chavan Law College Building by Hon. Sharadrao Pawar, Agriculture Minister, India
7. In 2007 Celebrated Centenary Ceremony of A.B.M.S.Parishad. On this occasion opening of Ladies Hostel & laying Foundation stone of Engineering College.
8. In 2015 Foundation Ceremony of Architecture College Building.
9. In 2017 Opening Ceremony of Rajarshi Shahu Academy by Hon. Sharadrao Pawar, President A.B.M.Parishad, Pune -9.